Positive Effects of Cannabis:
- Relaxation: One of the most well known and immediate effects of marijuana is relaxation. The moment you breathe in cannabis vapor , a flood of plant-based anti-anxiety compounds travel through your blood and into your brain. Within minutes of smoking, you’ll be able to breath a heavy sigh of relief and start smiling again.
- Creativity: When you smoke herb, activity in a certain part of your brain increases. That region is the frontal lobe. In fact, within 30 minutes of smoking , this region is fully activated in your brain. This is the same region of the brain that is responsible with critical thinking and creativity.
- Pain Relief: Natural compounds in marijuana cut in, disrupting the signals. THC and CBD interact with your immune cells by giving them instructions on what to secrete and what not to secrete. When you consume marijuana, those chemical pain signals stop. This lets you go about your day in peace. The herb’s power as a natural analgesic works when it’s consumed via edibles or smoking.
- Sleep: A heavy indica will put you to sleep fast and help you sleep more deeply . Cannabinoids like THC induce sleep. At the same time, they also extend your time in deep sleep.
- Bliss: It may seem odd, but the effects of marijuana and the effects of exercise are really quite similar. After you workout, bliss-inducing chemicals like dopamine, anandamide, and serotonin are released in the brain. These compounds make you feel amazing.
- Appetite: When you smoke weed, a couple of things happen that make you love your food.
- Nutrients: As neuroscientist and author Dr. Michele Ross calls it, cannabis is vitamin weed. THC and CBD are some of the most powerful antioxidants out there. Antioxidants are essential for reducing environmental damage to our cells. Each time we breathe in car exhaust, accidentally whiff some Lysol cleaner, or eat foods with residual pesticides, we’re breathing in chemicals that can damage our cells. This damage is called oxidative damage.
- Lower Average BMI: Marijuana makes you feel hungry, but it also helps you break down what you eat. THC kicks your metabolism into overdrive. It stimulates cells in your digestive tract to secrete hormones that help break down carbs.
- Reduced risk of diabetes and obesity: While weed is not necessarily a weight loss tool itself, it DOES help prevent you from gaining weight. Recent studies have shown that cannabis users have lower fasting insulin levels.
- Anti Aging: As we mentioned earlier, THC and CBD are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants protect us from DNA damage. DNA damage is the reason we age.
- Increased Qualities of life: Many studies show that cannabis helps people cope with physical pain, traumatic events, and daily stress. Marijuana may just be the medicine people need to prevent these day-to-day harms from evolving into more serious issues. Cancer, depression , anxiety disorders and degenerative disorders may all be prevented by cannabinoid therapy.
- Relief from Debilitating Diseases: Studies are showing that diseases as varied as cancer , multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, arthritis, Chron’s, post-traumatic stress disorder, and epilepsy may all be connected to irregularities in the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is the largest cell receptor system in your body. Researchers are still uncovering discoveries about how this system works. Compounds like THC and CBD bind to receptors in that system, giving your cells a new set of directions. Marijuana’s ability to correct some of these endocannabinoid imbalances is what makes the plant so important to us as a species.